Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Global 3/32

tidalwave83
tidalwave83
MODEL: Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Global)
STORAGE & RAM: 32/3 
PROCESSOR: Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 (MSM8953)
CAMERAS: 5MP front camera / 13MP rear camera
BATTERY: 4100 mAh

DESIGN

The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 comes with an all-metal chassis.Tthe weight is distributed quite well, so you really don’t feel any discomfort using it for an extended time.
There’s a 2.5D curved-edge glass up front with chamfered edges for better ergonomics. The device fits very well in the palm and one-handed usage isn’t an issue, but people with litlle hands can activate one-handed mode very easily.
It comes with 3.5 headphone jack and a very fast fingerprint sensor () placed just below the rear camera. For me it is the best spot to be place, confortable to access and natural for one-handed operations.
The Redmi Note 4’s design is anything but revolutionary and there are only subtle changes from its predecessor. Yet the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, and in the end, we have a nicely designed budget smartphone that feels great to use.

DISPLAY

The Redmi Note 4 has a 5.5 inch Full HD IPS display, 1080 x 1920 resolution translating to a pixel density of 401ppi. 
It boasts of a 2.5D curved glass up front that feels good to use. There’s one thing though that I wished would have gone away with the latest iteration. There’s a black border running around the display. While it’s minimal, it is very apparent specially when the face of the smartphone is white.
The display is same as its predecessor, but it is definitely brighter than the one last time around, and hence the sunlight legibility has improved. The color accuracy is better too. For a budget device, the display is quite good, really. The text and images are razor sharp and the colors are quite vivid. The display is a tad reflective, although the viewing angles are great.
It is not the Brightest outdoors  but is fine and has a good outdoors and indoors screen watching experience for a mid-ranger. It also offers a Reading Mode with a blue light filter that makes it easier to read text at night. 
The Screen touch sensitivity is more than correct and quick response. Special mention to the great experience watching videos (that's why i moved to 5.5" phone). 

EXPERIENCE

What to say about MIUI that others not said before? If you come from pure android maybe you'll need some time to be confortable with it. MIUI 9, (Android 7 based fork ) is able to handle almost everything I threw at it. There is no lag switching between apps and while multi-tabbed browsing. A slight performance degradation is expected, but nothing that could be a showstopper. The 2GB variant though could be a tad rough for a power user, but would be good enough for a casual user.
Unlike the 28nm Snapdragon 650, the Snapdragon 625 is built on the 14nm architecture and offers better energy efficiency. It might not be the powerhouse as the 650 is, but the mid-range SoC chugs along nicely through everyday tasks.
Multi-tasking on the Redmi Note 4 is a breeze, and it can handle graphic-intensive games without breaking a sweat. Essentially, the top variant of the Redmi Note 4 can handle everything with aplomb and is arguably the best performing smartphone in its category.
Can Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Support High-End Games? My answer is YES. I have been using redmi note 4 for the past six months and have played many games, be it offline, online, multiplayer. I have also played games which requires a huge memory space like N.O.V.A. 3, The banner saga, FF Tactics,etc. Till now I have never faced any problems like heating issues (it is hot but not burns) or lag. With my personal experience I recommend this phone to be very good for gaming given its features of 3 GB RAM and a Snapdragon processor which supports every game of this platform very smoothly.
The Redmi Note 4 packs in a 4100mAh non-removable battery. The large capacity combined with software optimizations and the power efficiency of Snapdragon 625 makes it a battery powerhouse. I was able to squeeze in two days of battery life – one-and-a-half in case of heavy usage – and it lasted over 15 hours in my continuous video playback test.
The battery life on the Redmi Note 4 is impressive, and it hurts that there is no support for quick charging – even more important in smartphones with large battery capacity.
The Redmi Note 4 has a bunch of preloaded apps, and they can’t be uninstalled in case you don’t need any of these. That’s double whammy, really.
Overall, the overall software experience on the Redmi Note 4 is great, and there are a bunch of useful features that you’d only appreciate once you start using it. I’m not a big fan of MIUI’s aggressive memory management, but that apart, there are no complaints really if you warm up to it.

CONNECTIVITY

Call Quality is maybe the great "con" of this devices. Xiaomi has a lot of owrk to improve the background sound isolation and when using record audio you'll get a metallic "sound". So this is in my opinion the worst feature of this phone
Bluetooth connect and Wi-Fi coverage are good enough, as expected of Xiaomi. It has Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
Bluetooth 4.1, A2DP, LE, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, and YES radio FM. 3G and 4G (with support for Band 40 800mHz used by some LTE networks like Spain)

CAMERA

In well-lit conditions, it can take some great landscape shots. When shooting close-ups of objects or macro shots, the color reproduction is quite good and there are plenty of details. Sharpness is a mixed bag though. The camera focuses quickly, which is also great for taking some fine shots of moving subjects. If you’re shooting in HDR, you’ll manage to squeeze in more details, although it takes slightly longer to shoot the photos.
In low-light though, Xiaomi has still a lot to do. If you put in some effort, you would manage to get some decent shots, but once you zoom in, you’d find a lot of graininess.
The 5MP front camera sports a f/2.0 lens and most selfies in well-lit conditions come out well with good color accuracy and details. Indoors or in low-light though, it’s a hit-or-miss, which is pretty much the case with most smartphones in this price segment.
In terms of video recording, the rear camera can record videos at 1080p resolution and the quality is good enough. The video recording on front camera is now downgraded to 720p compared to 1080p on its predecessor and it fails to impress in terms of details.
The camera app on the Redmi Note 4 includes a variety of modes, including a manual mode that lets you tweak the ISO, white balance, and exposure settings, and a wealth of other options.

CONCL.

Overall, probably one of the best quality-price phones you can adquire. A safe option if you don't want or can't buy a top class brandt phone. I definitely will recommend you this this phone. In fact i did twice on work and they are happy like me with theirs.